El Dorado Airport is the main hub the Colombian flag airline Avianca, and secondary hub for Copa Airlines and Latam. From the UK you can flight non-stop to with Avianca from London Heathrow Terminal 2. Once in Bogota, it is possible to connect to several domestic destinations in Colombia, Central America and South America, such as Ecuador and Peru.
There is a limited time free Wi-Fi available throughout the airport. Simply select _Dorado Airport from your smartphone, laptop or tablet and follow the instructions to register.
The Airport is located 14 kilometres, from Bogota City Centre.
The airport offer authorised taxi service through the company Taxi Imperial, only those taxis are affiliated to this company are allowed to pick up passengers. Public transport is also available through Transmilenio and the feeder route.
The airport has two passenger terminals. The new Terminal 1 opened in 2012 with an extended commercial offer. It handles most of domestic and international flights, while Terminal 2, formerly known as Puente Aereo serves only Avianca domestic flights.
El Dorado Airport runs 24/7, 365 days a year. Consequently, it offers connecting travellers with resting waiting rooms as well as restaurants 24/7 service.
Transport between Terminals is straightforward via the airport shuttle bus, which operates from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM, every 20 minutes. Click here for check the shuttle stops
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Bogota El Dorado airport.
- Avianca VIP Lounge – Domestic: Domestic departures. It is located after domestic security check points. Opening hours:04:30-23:30. All LifeMiles Silver, Gold and Diamond Elite member have complimentary access to this lounge, also priority pass members and business and first class Star Alliance passengers. Click here for more information.
- Avianca VIP Lounge - International: International Departures. It is located close to the Duty Free Zone, entering from the international food court, after security check points. Opening hours:02:45-23:00. All LifeMiles Silver, Gold and Diamond Elite member have complimentary access to this lounge, also priority pass members and business and first class Star Alliance passengers. Click here for more information.
- LATAM VIP - International: The lounge is located after the Duty Free, across from gates 34-35 in the international area, after security check points. Opening hours:00:00 - 23:59. Passengers with access to this lounge: Priority pass card holders and Latam business and premium economy travellers. Click here for more information.
- El Dorado Lounge: Terminal 1. Airside - International Departures, in front of Gate 47, after security check points. Opening hours:02:30 - 00:30. All passengers are allowed to have access for a fee of £35 Maximum stay 3 hours or £46, Maximum stay 6 hours. Click here for more information.
- Avianca VIP Lounge – Domestic: Puente Aéreo, Airside, take the stairs to the 2nd Floor located at the left hand side of the ticket counters.. Opening hours: 06:30 – 16:00 & 19:00 – 22:00 daily. All LifeMiles Silver, Gold and Diamond Elite member have complimentary access to this lounge, also business class passengers. Click here for more information. When space is available, this lounge accepts guests at the door for a USD35 fee.
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.