Gatwick is the second-busiest airport in the United Kingdom. The airport is open 24 hours a day every day of the year and it the second most important airport in London.
Over 53 airlines operate from London Gatwick to 228 destinations around the world.
There is free 90 minutes Wi-Fi available throughout the airport. Simply select Gatwick Free Wi-Fi from your smartphone, laptop or tablet and follow the instructions to register.
Gatwick airport is located 29 miles south of Central London. The airport has two passenger's terminals.
The Gatwick Express is the fastest way into Central London, with services running every 15 minutes between Gatwick's South Terminal and London Victoria Station every day from 5 am to 00.30. The journey time is 30 minutes and the service is non-stop to Victoria station.
Gatwick has free well-signposted shuttle services that connect passengers to and from both terminals. The journey times is three minutes.
Transferring within and between terminals
From international flight to domestic flight passengers need to clear customs and immigration, then transfer between the North and South Terminals via the shuttle service.
From domestic flight to international flight (same terminal)passengers need to follow the signs for International Departures and proceed to the departure gate.
From Domestic/International flight to International flight (different terminal) passengers need to proceed to the flight connections area and take the shuttle service to the appropriate terminal.
Transfer between terminals?
The inter-terminal shuttle service operates every three minutes, 24 hours a day, and journey takes two minutes from terminal to terminal.
The South Terminal transit station is located to the left of the arrivals area just past Zone S and the North Terminal transit station is located on Shopping Avenue.
Transfer between city airports?
LGW to LHR: The National Express bus from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) to London Heathrow Airport (LHR) takes one hour and 30 minutes. Buses operate every 20 minutes between 05:15-12:00 and every 30 minutes between 12:00-22:30.
City to LGW: To reach London Gatwick from London City Airport using the Dockland Light Rail to Canning Town, the Underground to London Bridge Rail Station and a train to Gatwick Airport Station. Journey time one hour and 15 minutes.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide, we give you an overview of all lounges existing at London Gatwick airport.
- No.1 Lounge: Located in the new part of the terminal, after security, from the main departure lounge (upper level), walk through the passageway between Dixons and JD Sports. Opening hours: 04:00-22:00. £30 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £37.50 at the door. More information.
- Clubrooms: Located on the upper level of the departure lounge. Guest over 12 years only. Opening hours: 05:30-20:00. £40 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £50 at the door. More information.
- Regus Business Lounge Express: Fully equipped business lounge, meetings rooms and showers. Located before security. Opening hours: 07:00-18:00. More information.
- No.1 Lounge: It is located after security on the ground floor towards gates 101 - 113. Opening hours: 04:00-22:00. £30 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £37.50 at the door. More information.
- Clubrooms: Located after security on the ground floor towards gate 101-113. Guest over 12 years only. Opening hours: 06:00-15:00 in winter or until 18:00 in summer. £40 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £50 at the door. More information.
- My Lounge: Located after passport control; turning left into the main departure salon, follow the signs to the Lounges Pavilion. Opening hours: 04:00-14:00 winter schedule and 06:00 – 20:00 summer schedule. £18 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £24 at the door. More information.
- Aspire Lounge: Located after passport control; turning left into the main departure salon, follow the signs to the Lounges Pavilion, stairs to Level 1. Opening hours: 04:15-20:45. £18 for 3 hours if booked in advance or £24 at the door. More information.
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - 19 Sept
NEW HOLIDAYS - DOWNLOAD ITINERARIES - It is time to plan your next trip. You can also download from the website, all tour itineraries that may interest you.
SCHEDULE a telephone or video call at a time of your convenience and our consultant will contact you.
BROCHURE - New Latin America brochure is out now to inspire you. View and request a copy in Brochures
FREE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVER IS INCLUDED for all clients travelling in 2020 to June 2021
Email: email@example.com to arrange your bespoke tour itinerary with flexible booking terms.
Many thanks, Veloso Tours Team