Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas is a key airport hub in Spain, to connect Europe with The Americas and Asia.
Free internet service is offered by Aena when you connect to the "Airport Free Wifi AENA" network. You can register via e-mail, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The airport is located northeast of Madrid, Barajas district, just 12 kilometres from the city centre. The airport has four passenger's terminals.
Flights with British Airways and Iberia from London Heathrow to the Americas connect easily via Madrid Barajas, as they arrive and depart from Terminal 4.
For flights connections, between terminals, T1-T2-T3 & T4 passengers can use the free shuttle bus that operates 24 hours a day. Passengers can also walk between terminals T1, T2 and T3.
Passengers with a boarding card and luggage checked to the destination (the connection between T1 and T4 Satellite): there is a free bus service between baggage claim hall 1 (T1) and Terminal T4 Satellite.
Passengers with a boarding card and luggage checked to their final destination(the connection between T1 and T2-T3): there is a free bus service between baggage claim hall 2 (T1) and 6 (T2). Passengers can also walk along the connecting flight corridor, which has security checkpoints. Connection time is 10 minutes.
Passengers connecting between Terminal T4 and Terminal T4 Satellite must use the APM, Automatic People Mover train. The journey takes 3 minutes.
Passengers connecting with British Airways or Iberia flights into international destinations please click here for more information about transferring between Terminal 4 and 4S Click here for the online tutorial.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Madrid Barajas airport.
- Premium Lounge: Floor 0. Arrivals Hall. Opening hours: 07:00-23:00. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost depends on the service requested. More information.
- Plaza Mayor: Exclusive for Schengen flights. Located in the first floor boarding area (P1) of Terminal T4, shopping area. Opening hours: 24 hours. E-mail: email@example.com . EUR29. More information.
- Iberia Dali Lounge. Terminal 4 Level 2. Iberia exclusive lounges for Iberia and oneworld passengers determined either by your ticket’s booking class or the privileges granted by your loyalty scheme. Open 24 hours. More information.
- Iberia Premium Arrivals Hall: Located in Level 1 at the Arrivals Hall. Iberia exclusive lounge (24 hours). Accessible for Iberia plus Platinum customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group, Vueling and oneworld flights), Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group) will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights of more than 4 hours, regardless of the class they fly in. More information.
TERMINAL 4 Satellite: (Zone RSU)
- Neptuno Lounge: Exclusive for Non-Schengen flights. Access is only granted to passengers with a Terminal T4 Satellite Building boarding pass. Located on the second floor of this terminal, in the boarding area. Open 24 hours. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org More information.
- Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez: Terminal 4S. First floor (S area), Level 1 at the edge of the duty-free store. Exclusive lounges for Iberia and oneworld passengers determined either by your ticket’s booking class or the privileges granted by your loyalty scheme. Open 24 hours. More information.