The airport is served by over 30 airlines to over 300 destinations worldwide. It is the main hub for AeroMéxico, becoming at the same time a SkyTeam international hub. Other important airlines operating from the airport include Aeromar, Volaris and Interjet.
From the UK passengers can fly daily non-stop from London Heathrow T5 with British Airways, the flight is daytime. AeroMéxico also operates daily flights from London Heathrow T4, the flight is overnight. On the other hand, there are many other options, such as Iberia via Madrid, Air France via Paris, KLM via Amsterdam, and Avianca via Bogota.
Several domestic and regional flights are available to connect from Mexico to the rest of the Americas and the Caribbean. The airport is at full capacity and a new airport is under construction 16 km further east along the Texcoco highway. It is expected to open in 2022.
Complimentary WiFi is available through TelMex. The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is located 10 km from the city centre. Car journey approximately 30 minutes.
Authorised taxis are operate 24 hr a day and are run by Communication and Transport Authority (SCT), located at the domestic and international entrance in both terminals. Ticket can also be purchased at the modules near the arrival gates.
The airport has two 24-hour bus terminals, providing day-and-night transportation to major cities nearby Mexico City. The Terminal 1 bus station is located near the car park towards the Internationals area. Terminal 2 buses depart from Gate D, between Entrance 4 and the Domestic Arrivals exit.
Benito Juarez Airport has two terminals: Terminal 1 has two information modules in the arrival area and three in the international hall. Terminal 2 has three information modules in the national and international waiting area, this terminal is mainly used by Sky Team airlines.
Transferring between terminals
The fastest way to transfer between terminals is by using the Aerotrén people mover. (This is a free service) There is also an Airport Shuttle Bus that runs between the two terminals. (2USD).
Departure Terminal 1, passengers must proceed to the moving staircase by Sala D (Level 1), turn left and walk to the middle of the bridge.
Departures Terminal 2, passengers must proceed to the left of the check-in desks on Level 1, Hall M.
From international flight to an international/domestic flights passengers must clear immigration, customs and security with any check-in baggage, then place baggage on the flight connections carousel located on the right hand side, before proceeding to the departure gate.
From a domestic flight to an international flight, passengers must proceed directly to the appropriate terminal and departure gate.
Aerotrén operates every 15 minutes between 06:00 - 22:00 and takes roughly seven minutes to transfer between the two terminals.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Mexico Benito Juarez Airport.
- American Express Admirals Club: Airside, Concourse H. Entrance located at international security checkpoint G, entrance located at Gate 19. Opening hours: 04:45 – 21:00. Access for Admirals Club members, AAdvantage Platinum & Executive Platinum elite frequent flyers, AA International Premium Class, Oneworld First and Business Class passengers, as well as Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier status members. Click here for more information.
- United Club – Star Alliance Lounge: Airside, Mezzanine level near Gate H. Opening hours: 04:00 – 20:30. Access complimentary for Star Alliance business and first class passengers, as well as Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier status members. Click here for more information.
- Premium Traveller Lounge GIS: Local A-B. Upper Level. Opening hours: 09:00 – 21:00. Access complimentary to Oneworld First and Business Class passengers, as well as Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier status members. Click here for more information.
- Avianca Global Lounge: Airside, Entrance J and Duty Free, The lounge is located next to Gate 31. Opening hours: 00:00 – 23:59. Passengers can access the lounge at a cost of £24 for a 3 hours stay. Click here for more information.
- HSBC Premier: Airside. Local MZ02A, Mezzanine area. Opening hours: 05:30 – 23:00. Phone 43130142 Option 5 Access for HSBC Premier Members.
- American Express Centurion Club: Airside Local MZ02B, Mezzanine. Opening hours: 05:00 – 24:00. Phone 51330010. Access for Admirals Club members, AAdvantage Platinum & Executive Platinum elite frequent flyers. Click here for more information.
- Salon Aeromar: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Opening hours: 06:00 – 21:30. Passengers can access the lounge at a cost of £25 for a 3 hours stay. Click here for more information.
- Salon Premier AeroMéxico: Airside, national opening hours: 04:00- 23:00, international opening hours: 04:00 – 01:00. Access complementary for AeroMéxico and SkyTeam Business class Passengers. Click here for more information.