Miami International Airport the hub for American Airlines, which operates flights to several cities throughout the whole of the Americas.
Wi-Fi service is available in terminals, gates and public areas using the “MIA-WIFI Network”. Cost starts from $5. However, some selected travel-related websites are available at no charge.
Miami Airport is located 8 miles (13 km) northwest of central Miami.
The airport is connected to the city by Metrobus, Metrorail with trains departing every 30 minutes during the week and every 15 minutes on weekends and Tri-Rail. Taxis are accessible on the ground level, outside of the baggage claim area.
There are three terminals at MIA, North Terminal, Blue; Central Terminal, Yellow and South Terminal, red. We recommend a minimum of three hours connection, to allow sufficient time to pass through federal and security inspection procedures. Concourse D is connected via Skytrain.
To move between terminals, passengers can take the moving walkways on Level 3. Passengers connecting to US destinations can collect their baggage before clearing customs. Passenger’s connection to international destinations need to collect their baggage and go through security, then return it back to the designated baggage area. The airport authorities reserve the right to change this procedure at any time or do random checks.
Miami International Airport Hotel:
It is located inside the airport terminal, Concourse E at Departures level. The hotel has 252 rooms and 7 suites with soundproof windows. Travellers can access the airline counters, departures gates, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants. The hotel is ideal for customers on overnights connections.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Miami airport.
- American Airlines FlagShip Lounge: North Terminal, Concourse D, Skytrain Station No.3, after security. Access is complimentary for American Airlines and Oneworld alliance passengers travelling in business and first class. Opening hours:04:30-23:30. For more information click here.
- American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge: North Terminal, Concourse D-15, Skytrain Station No.1), after security. Access is complimentary for American Airlines and Oneworld alliance passengers travelling in business and first class. Opening hours:04:30-22:30. For more information click here.
- Centurion Lounge – American Express: North Terminal, Concourse D-12, Skytrain Station No.1), after security. If you are coming from another terminal, you must re-enter through security with either a connecting or onward boarding pass. Access is complimentary for global Platinum and Centurion cardholders. Opening hours: 05:30-23:00. For more information click here.
- American, British Airways, Iberia Premium Lounge: North Terminal, Concourse D, Skytrain Station No.3, after security. Access is complimentary for oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers and Admirals Club members, when departing from Concourse E. Opening hours:04:30-22:30.
- Club America F: Concourse F, Level 3, after security. Access is by Invitation only through the member airlines and is generally offered to passengers travelling first and business class. Otherwise, the entrance fee is r $50. Opening hours:07:30-22:00.
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.