The airport is the main hub for Latam Airlines and other major Oneworld alliance carriers. Furthermore, the airport South America's central gateway to Oceania, with scheduled flights to Sydney, Auckland, Easter Island, Papeete and Melbourne.
From the UK passengers can fly non-stop from London Heathrow T5 with British Airways. Alternatively with Iberia via Madrid or with Air France via Paris. Numerous domestic and regional flights are available to connect from Santiago to the rest of the Americas.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Santiago de Chile Airport connect to the “Nuevo Pudahuel” network to connect.
The airport is located in Pudahuel, 15 km (9,3 miles) northwest of Santiago city centre, the capital city of Chile.
Two different companies provide bus service from Santiago airport to the city centre: TurBus Aeropuerto and Centropuerto.
Also the airport has introduced a controlled route system known as “Vía Controlada” that provides taxi service. There are two different taxis:- Black and Yellow: the regular ones. Run with a meter. And Blue: the tourist’s ones. Taxis charges are fixed according and dependent to the destination.
Santiago Airport has one Main Terminal Building, divided in 4 levels: Ground Floor: Baggage Claim, Arrivals, Customs and Border Control, Transport Services, Parking Areas; First Floor: VIP lounges and Administrative offices; second Floor: Departures, Check-in areas, Duty Free Shops, Restaurants, boarding halls and Gates; and Third Floor: Restaurants, VIP Check-in areas.
From an international flight to domestic flight travellers must clear customs and immigration, and then proceed to the connection counters on the third floor.
From an international flight to an international flight travellers must proceed through the transit lounge and then proceed to their departing gate on the third floor. If travellers do not have already a boarding pass, then must proceed to the check-in counters on the second floor.
From a domestic flight to an international flight travellers who do not have a boarding pass must proceed to the international counter on the third floor.
It takes around 30 minutes to walk the whole of the terminal.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Santiago Arturo Merino airport.
- Latam Airlines Lounge: Located Airside International Departures / 4th Floor / Near Gates 14 & 15. Opening hours: 03:15 – 01:00 Access for LATAM's and Oneworld Premium Business Class travellers, as well as Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier status members Click here for more information.
- American Airlines Admirals Club: Located Airside, next to boarding Gate 19. Opening hours: 06:30 – 22:00. Access for Admirals Club members, AAdvantage Platinum & Executive Platinum elite frequent flyers, AA International Premium Class, Oneworld First and Business Class passengers, as well as Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier status members. Click here for more information.
- Delta Airlines Sky Club: Located Airside, Second floor, next to boarding Gate 17/18. Opening hours: varies. Access for Delta Sky Club Members, Delta's passengers travelling in the Delta One cabin or on SkyTeam alliance Premium cabin and SkyTeam Elite Plus tier status members. Click here for more information.
- Avianca Sala VIP: Located Airside, next to boarding Gate 12B, one floor below departure level. Opening hours: 00:00 – 13:30 & 17:30 – 23:59. Access for Avianca's International Business Class passengers, Lifemiles Elite Members (Silver, Gold & Diamond Levels), as well as Start Alliance Silver & Gold tier status frequent flyers. Click here for more information.
- Primeclass Condor Domestic: Airside - the lounge is located on the 3rd Floor, next to Gate 26. Domestic flights only. Opening hours: 00: - 23:59. Access by any passengers holding a boarding pass. It is possible to pre-book this lounge for a cost of £22 for three hour stay, or you can pay at the door. Click here for more information.
- Primeclass Andes - International: Airside - the lounge is located on the 3rd Floor, next to Gate 17. Opening hours: 00: - 23:59. Access by any passengers holding a boarding pass. It is possible to pre-book this lounge for a cost of £22 for three hour stay, or you can pay at the door. Click here for more information.
- Salones VIP Pacific Club: International Terminal area. Airside – Across Gate 20A.. Opening hours: 06:00 – 22:00. Access by any passengers holding a boarding pass. It is possible to pre-book this lounge for a cost of £22 for three hour stay, or you can pay at the door. Click here for more information.
- The Lounge: International Terminal area. Airside – after duty free area. Turn right and the lounge is located at the end of the hall in front of Gate 20A. Opening hours: 00:00 – 23:59. Access by any passengers holding a boarding pass. It is possible to pre-book this lounge for a cost of £25 for three hour stay, or you can pay at the door. Click here for more information.
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - 19 Sept
NEW HOLIDAYS - DOWNLOAD ITINERARIES - It is time to plan your next trip. You can also download from the website, all tour itineraries that may interest you.
SCHEDULE a telephone or video call at a time of your convenience and our consultant will contact you.
BROCHURE - New Latin America brochure is out now to inspire you. View and request a copy in Brochures
FREE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVER IS INCLUDED for all clients travelling in 2020 to June 2021
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your bespoke tour itinerary with flexible booking terms.
Many thanks, Veloso Tours Team