Officially named São Paulo Guarulhos Governador André Franco Montoro International, Guarulhos airport is the main hub for Latam Airlines, Gol Airlines, Azul Airlines and Avianca Brazil. With two runways and over 37 million passengers a year, it has become one of the busiest airport in Latin America.
The airport is served by major other airlines connection to the rest of the Americas and the world.
From the UK passengers can fly non-stop with British Airways every days of the week. The flight is overnight. Alternatively, it is also possible to fly via Madrid with Iberia. Air France & KLM also operate flights to the airport via their hubs Paris and Amsterdam.
Free Wi-Fi is available for the first hour through “GRU Wi-Fi” network, after which, passengers have the option to purchase hourly allowances. The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is located at the Guarulhos municipality, 25 km from the centre of Sao Paulo.
Line 13 of the São Paulo train system run by CPTM. The line connects GRU Airport to Engenheiro Gourlat station, from where passengers can access Line 12 - Sapphira, which goes to Tatuapé and Bras stations, central region of São Paulo. Also, EMTU operates buses departing to Congonhas Airport. This line started its operations in May 2018. Several other transfer companies provide airport shuttle.
Car journey takes approximately 40 minutes depending on traffic.
The airport has three passenger terminals, numbered 1, 2, and 3.
Terminal 1 is the smallest of the three. It operates only domestic flights and has no direct access to the other terminals, which can only be reach on the shuttle bus.
Terminal 2 is the oldest and biggest. The majority of domestic flights and to Latin American destinations operate from this terminal, in addition to a small number of intercontinental flights.
Terminal 3 is the newest. Only international flights operate from this terminal with the majority being long-haul intercontinental flights and LATAM airlines flights. Five of the terminal's gates can accommodate the super jumbo Airbus A380.
Terminals 2 and 3 are directly connected by a footpath.
Transfer between terminals:
From an international flight to a domestic flight passengers must clear immigration and customs, collect their baggage and proceed to re-check/check-in on the arrivals floor of Terminal 3. Once baggage has been re-checked, passengers must proceed to Terminal 2 via the connecting footpath or via the terminal transfer bus positioned outside arrivals.
From an international flight to an international flight passengers must proceed to the flight connections zone to clear security.
From a domestic flight to an international flight passengers must proceed to the flight connections zone to clear security.
Walking times fluctuate based on gate and terminal. Walking between terminals 2 and 3 takes about 10-15 minutes.
Gol and LATAM airlines offer shuttle service to their passengers with connecting flights to Congonhas Airport. Click here for detailed information of their schedules.
Irrespective of the class of service passengers are flying, there are airport lounges that can be accessible by paying at the door, booking a day lounge pass or through a lounge membership program such as Priority Pass. In this guide with give you an overview of all lounges existing at Guarulhos airport.
- GOL Premium Lounge: International Departures only. Located Airside, Terminal 2. Boarding area, east. Open 24 hours. Accessible to passengers flying with Gol Premium Class, Delta, Air France and KLM Business Class passengers, SkyMiles Diamond and Platinum members. All other passengers can access the lounge by paying a fee of USD50/GBP35 at the door.Click here for more information. Click here to book in advance.
- GOL Premium Lounge: Domestic Departures only. Located Airside, Terminal 2. Boarding area, east. Open 24 hours. Accessible to passengers flying Gol premium and connecting to a domestic flight, passengers flying First or Business class with Delta, Air France and KLM. All other passengers can access the lounge by paying a fee of USD50/GBP35 at the door.Click here for more information. Click here to book in advance.
- Bradesco VIP Lounge: Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Domestic boarding area. Opening hours: 06:00 – 23:00. Accessible to Bradesco customers with American Express The Platinum / Gold Card. Click here for more information.
- Villa GRU Lounge: Terminal 2. Landside - 1st Floor, Sector D, next to the entrance/exit doors. Opening hours: 07:00 – 23:00. All passengers can access the lounge by paying a fee of GBP22 at the door for a three-hour stay.Click here for more information.
- Slaviero Fast Sleep. Located inside Terminal 2, Domestic area. Ground floor near Arrivals. Sleep cabins come furnished with a bunk bed, bathroom, TV, electrical outlets, and free WIFI. Available for charge by the hour or blocks of time. Prices start at R$89/GBP20 for the first hour. Click here for more information.
- Star Alliance Lounge: Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Mezzanine Level, above the Duty Free Shopping Area. The Star Alliance Lounge is overlooking the atrium. Opening hours: 07:00 – 16:00. Accessible for all First and Business Class travelling on any Star Alliance carrier. . All passengers can access the lounge by paying a fee of USD at the door. Click here for more information about entry policy.
- LATAM VIP Lounge: Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Mezzanine. Opening hours: 05:00 – 00:00. Accessible for all First and Business Class travelling on any Oneworld alliance carrier. Click here for more information.
- MasterCard Black VIP Lounge: Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Mezzanine. Opening hours: 06:00 – 23:30. Accessible to MasterCard Black customers travelling internationally. Cardholder and direct dependants with up 16 years old do not pay for the service. Click here for more information.
- Executive Lounge GRU: Terminal 3. Airside - after X-ray, turn left and follow signs to the 'VIP Lounges'. International flights only. Opening hours: 07:00 – 03:00. Accessible to passengers travelling in Business Class with Air France-KLM, Alitalia, Emirates, British Airways and Qatar Airways, as well as priority pass members. All other passengers can access the lounge by paying a fee of GBP29 at the door for a three-hour stay.Click here for more information.
- American Airlines Admirals Club: Terminal 3. Airside, Mezzanine level, 3rd floor above Duty Free shopping area. Opening hours: 06:30 – 24:00. Accessible to passengers based on membership (annual and lifetime members, Citi, AAdvantage, Executive World Elite), passengers travelling in First or Business class on international flights operated by any Oneworld alliance carrier. All other passengers can access the lounge, subject to availability by paying a fee of USD60 at the door.Click here for more information.
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.