8 Night Itinerary from £1,815
Private Individual Tour
Local people are eager to show you the country's natural splendour, tropical forests, traditions, culture, incredible beaches, massive island volcanoes and beautiful colonial architecture
Select your preferred departure date
- Explore unspoilt Nicaragua, beloved for its natural beauty and colonial heritage
- Stay by the beach on Ometepe Island, with its twin volcanic peaks
- Discover the ancient culture and natural splendour of Lake Nicaragua
- Stroll the colourful streets of Granada, perhaps Central America's most attractive city
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage tour and boat trip to small islands of Lake Granada
- Visit the historic city of Leon and hike around the crater of the Cerro Negro volcano
- Admire the ruins of Leon Viejo, the remains a 16th century colonial settlement
This itinerary can be modified and adapted to your preference with a specialst advisor, who can provide a guaranteed price, based on hotels, transport, excursions and flights.
Ometepe Island - 2 Nights
Day 1 - Travel to Ometepe Island
Day 2 - Explore or stay by the beach
Travel to Ometepe Island
We travel from Liberia (international flights not included) in Costa Rica to the border with Nicaragua and transfer to San Jorge for the ferry to the island of Ometepe, formed by two striking volcano peaks, on magnificent Lake Nicaragua. Transfer to your hotel for a 2 night stay.
Explore or stay by the beach
Relax by the beach and take a full day tour of Ometepe Island learning about its ancient culture and exploring Concepcion Volcano in the north of the Island and Maderas Volcano in the south. We also visit the village of Altagracia, where the local traditions can be observed.
Granada - 2 Nights
Day 3 - Granada
Day 4 - Boat trip on the Lake
Travel by boat back to the mainland and transfer to Granada, a delightful city with a rich Spanish colonial heritage, where we stay for 2 nights. In the afternoon, we tour of the city on a horse drawn carriage admiring the beautiful colonial architecture in the company of our expert local guide who will bring the extraordinary history of Granada to life.
Boat trip on the Lake
Today we take a boat trip to visit the small islands on Lake Nicaragua, rich flora and fauna. We also visit an impressive 17th century Spanish fortress and returning to the shore take a hike in Mombacho cloud forest that surrounds the Mombacho Volcano.
Leon and Managua - 4 Nights
Day 5 - Leon
Day 6 - Cerro Negro
Day 7 - Leon Viejo and Managua
Day 8 - Departure
Travel to the colonial city of León, stopping at the Masaya handicraft market for typical handmade wares, such as hammocks and ceramics. Later, transfer to your chosen hotel in Leon for a 2 night stay.
Today we visit the Cerro Negro volcano and hike around the crater with our specialist guide, enjoying the spectacular views. Later we visit Juan Venado Island and return to León to explore the historic old centre with its colonial architecture, churches and cathedrals. Leon is a university city known for its fascinating revolutionary history much of which can be observed from the many monuments we will see.
Leon Viejo and Managua
Continue to Managua, Nicaragua's capital city located on the shores of Lake Managua, where we stay for 1 night. En route, we visit the ruins of Leon Viejo, the only 16th century colonial city in Central America that has remained at originally structured, and designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000. On arrival in Managua, enjoy a guided tour visiting the residence of renowned local poet Ruben Dario, the National Palace, the central market and Metropolitan Cathedral.
Today we return to Costa Rica, or opt to extend your stay on the beach at Morgan's Rock.
|Travel Dates||All year|
|Multiple Travellers - Twin Room||£1,815|
|Single Traveller - Own Room||£2,186|
Prices are a guideline and per person. Please request a quote for Special Events, Christmas, New Year's Eve & Easter.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Accommodation as shown on the itinerary
- Breakfast everyday and meals as described on the itinerary
- Transfers to and from airports
- Transport throughout the itinerary
- Excursions listed, all with expert, English-speaking guides
- Prices are per person
- Prices for Special Events, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Easter on request
- International flights not included
Speak with a Specialist
Contact an Advisor