Stunning Setting, Lifestyle and Royal Heritage
6 Night Itinerary from £1,542
Rio City Break Tour
Explore this vibrant exotic City in a stunningly beautiful setting. Enjoy Copacabana beach, visit the statue of Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain and discover Rio's Royal Heritage.
Select your preferred departure date
- Rio de Janeiro - 6 Nights
- Get to know Rio de Janeiro and the Carioca life on our 6-night city break
- Enjoy a comprehensive city tour in the company of our local expert
- See Christ the Redeemer up close and enjoy magnificent 360 degree views
- Choose from a huge range of excursions and tours
- Visit art galleries, hike the coastal forest or attend a match at the Maracana
- Enjoy Rio's natural setting, with its huge lagoon, granite peaks and famous beaches
This itinerary can be tailored to your preferences by our specialist advisors, who can provide a guaranteed price based on your choice of route, duration, flights, hotels, transport and excursions.
Rio de Janeiro - 6 Nights
Day 1 - Fly to Rio de Janeiro
Day 2 - Walking introduction to Rio de Janeiro
Day 3 - City tour of Rio de Janeiro
Days 4-7 - At leisure in Rio de Janeiro
Day 8 - Return flight to the UK
Day 9 - Arrive in the UK
- Full Description
Thursday, 22 April 2021
Fly to Rio de Janeiro
Take an overnight flight from the UK to Rio de Janeiro, arriving the following morning.
Friday, 23 April 2021
Walking introduction to Rio de Janeiro
Our guide will meet you at the airport and take you to your chosen hotel for a 6 night stay. On arrival at the hotel, our guide take you on a walk to introduce you to the area surroundings your hotel so that you can get your bearings. You will walk along the promenade of Copacabana and Ipanema beaches in order to gain a feeling of Rio de Janeiro's city life - the people, the beach culture, the apartments of the city's affluent, all that makes up the typical "Carioca" life. This short introduction to Rio (up to one hour) will help with your orientation.
Saturday, 24 April 2021
City Tour of Rio de Janeiro
We start our full day tour by visiting the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer at Corcovado Mountain from where you can admire the magnificent 360 degree view of Rio de Janeiro - the beautiful bay, the lagoon, the famous Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon beaches and the massive granite peaks that dwarf the tall buildings. We will drive through the Tijuca Forest and past the Maracana Stadium (a stop there is optional) to the Sambodromo, the site of the famous carnival parades, and visit the museum.
We continue to the Bohemian Santa Teresa district once home to the rich and famous but where now the majestic views draw writers, musicians, artists with galleries. Its hillside location affords stunning views of Rio and its cobbled streets add to its charming atmosphere. We stop for a lunch break (lunch is not included so that you can choose your own preference). In the old days, when Copacabana was but a swamp, the higher ground of Santa Teresa was the preferred area to live due to the cooler, fresh air so magnificent mansions were built, later to be out of favour, but many are now being renovated.
We continue to the historic city centre of Rio, where the Royal Family lived, and walk (2 to 3 hours) through the bustling streets and stop at the Confeitaria Colombo, one of the oldest coffee shops in Rio. Visit the cathedral, Imperial Palace, Church of Sao Jose and Cultural Centre on Praca XV admiring the unique colonial architecture. Later in the afternoon we drive back to your hotel.
Sunday, 25 April 2021
At leisure in Rio de Janeiro
For the remainder of your time in Rio you have the flexibility to pursue your own interests, take optional excursions and relax. Our guide is able to book a wide range of optional tours and excursions, depending on your specific requirements.
- Historic Tour of Rio's Royal Palaces, churches, monastery and heritage
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer at Corcovado Mountain
- Botanical Gardens, Lagoon and Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Walking in the forest tot eh summit of Gavea, Urca or Sugar Loaf Mountains
- Football at the Maracana Stadium
- Private museums and art galleries
- Laura Alvim Teatre and Cultural Centre
- Horse racing at the Jockey Club
- Petropolis: summer residence of the Emperor and Royal Family
- Guanabara Bay and Tropical Islands by Schooner
- Shopping for clothes, paintings, pottery, woodwork and interior decorations
- Craftsmanship of Brazilian precious stones and jewellery
- Music of Brazil: Bossa-Nova, Samba, Forro, Pagode, MPB and others
- Classical Music, Gregorian choir and opera
- Three Eco-systems: atlantic forest, mangroves and the botanic gardens
- Carnival Parade at the Sambadrome
- National history, fine arts, modern art, folklore and republic museums
- Landscape Gardens and Niemeyer architecture
Hiking in Rio de Janeiro:
- Trek to the top of Sugar Loaf (5 Hours)
- Trek to the top of Pedra da Gavea (8 hours)
- Adventure Park "da Catacumba"
- Hiking on Ilha Grande (Full Day or 1 or 2 Nights)
- Hiking on the Parati Peninsula (1 Night)
Monday, 26 April 2021
Tuesday, 27 April 2021
Wednesday, 28 April 2021
Thursday, 29 April 2021
Return flight to the UK
Enjoy your morning and afternoon in Rio, before taking a return overnight flight home in the early evening.
Friday, 30 April 2021
Arrive in the UK
Arrive in the UK in the morning.
Rio de Janeiro - Tourist Hotel
The Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana is a modern beach hotel located 2 blocks from Copacabana beach and close to the commercial area.
The 88 comfortable rooms are equipped with sound proof windows, cable tv, air-conditioning, minibar, WiFi internet access, telephone and hairdryer. The hotel also has a small rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and bar.
Rio de Janeiro - First Hotel
Located on the famous Copacabana beach, the Porto Bay Hotel Rio is well situated close to the main tourist attractions, shopping and leisure centres.
The hotel has a roof-top bar offering outdoor snacks and poolside drinks, an outdoor swimming pool, sun terrace, fitness centre, sauna and private beach service. Plus, the hotel has it's own restaurant offering fine international cuisine.
The hotel has 117 modern air-conditioned 'fresh' looking rooms with balconies and side views of the beach and ocean, cable TV, mini bar, safe box, telephone, free WiFi access, radio and bathrooms equipped with shower and some with bathtub.
Rio de Janeiro - Luxury Hotel
Located by Copacabana Beach with views of Sugar Loaf Mountain, the Fairmont Rio de Janeiro, Copacabana is one of the top luxury hotels in Rio. The hotel has been inspired by the glamour carioca in the 1950's, with elegant and stylish public areas and guest rooms.
The hotel has two swimming pools, a spa, sauna, fitness centre and bars. The restaurant offers breathtaking ocean views, with the freshest seafood and premium meats grilled in a Josper charcoal over, lending the dishes a lightly and unique smoky aroma.
There are 375 air-conditioned double or twin rooms, with 52 suites decorated in blue tones inspired in the colours of Copacabana sea, offering generous comfort and the best view of the wonderful city. In total, there are 10 room categories all with private bathroom and balcony. Gold Rooms offer a private lounge and exclusive services.
The central location of the Fairmont Rio means it is perfect for either guided or independent sightseeing explorations.
|Season||Low Season||High Season|
|Travel Dates||1 Jan - 30 June, 17 Aug - 12 Dec||1 July - 16 Aug, 13 Dec - 24 Dec|
|Multiple Travellers - Twin Room||£1,542||£1,774||£2,152||£1,915||£2,112||£2,490|
Prices are a guideline and per person. Please request a quote for Special Events, Christmas, New Year's Eve & Easter.
Speak with a Specialist
Contact an Advisor
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - 16 APR
WEBINARS with Experts - India 29 April at 16.00. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (Zoom)
CURRENT TRAVEL STATUS - COUNTRIES OPEN
NEW HOLIDAYS - BOOK NOW - 2021 offers a window of opportunity for travel at promotional prices. Now is the time to plan your next trip in 2021/22/23.