How to make your Reservation
Find useful information about how to make a reservation and the booking process
Quotation & Deposit
Once you are happy with the Quotation & Proposed Itinerary, you can pay the deposit to make a booking.
We will then proceed to reserve the services shown and will send you a new Confirmation Itinerary together with our Traveller's Guide to help you prepare for your holiday.
Two weeks before your departure we will send you your Airline Tickets, Vouchers, Luggage Labels and a Final Itinerary with the address, telephone number and contact details of all the hotels and our local representatives, at every step of the itinerary so that you can take on a supervisory role checking the delivery and timing of all the services.
You can enjoy the privacy and satisfaction of travelling on your own with the Veloso Tours organisation of local agents and English-speaking guides providing reliability, support and security. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information or modifications. We will be happy to assist you.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have or clarify any information concerning your holiday and the proposed tour itinerary. Please call or email us. We can also hold an option on flights with no obligation while you confirm your dates and make final arrangements before sending us your deposit.
Once you are happy with the itinerary and price proposal, please complete the booking form and send it to us together with a deposit of £400.00 per person so that we can proceed with all the reservations as soon as possible, in order to minimise any difficulties with availability. You can complete the information on the booking form, send a cheque or bank transfer or telephone us with a credit or debit card number. Once you have booked and we have sent you your confirmation, a further deposit may be required in order to secure the reservation and prices of some services, for example flights, accommodation, cruises and other services, particularly during busy periods. Fuel surcharges, flights fares and taxes also tend to increase, so in order to guarantee the price and secure against any airline increases, we suggest making full payment for your holiday or only the flights at the time you receive your Confirmed Itinerary (in addition to the £400 booking fee). If you prefer not to pay this enhanced deposit for the flights, we would need to re calculate the cost at the time of paying the trip balance (8 weeks prior to departure) and therefore should there be any airline increases, these will be added to the total trip price as we do not have any control over such increases.
No Credit or Debit Card Charges
We are happy to accept credit and debit cards at no extra charge, either for the deposit or the full payment.
Availability of Service
Please note that all arrangements are subject to availability unless otherwise stated. We receive your deposit on the understanding that we will refund it, should we be unable to confirm your itinerary or offer an alternative acceptable to you, but the deposit is non-refundable once all the arrangements you requested have been confirmed.
Included in the Price
Due to the complex nature of the itineraries we arrange it can sometimes be difficult to present exactly, all the items included or not included in the price. If you are at all unclear, please call us and we will be pleased to go through all the details and clarify any questions you may have.
- All Flights listed on the itinerary in the class of travel shown.
- Taxes payable in London (some local airport taxes are payable locally at check-in)
- Accommodation in the Room type shown on the itinerary, including local tax and service charge.
- Breakfast at all the accommodation listed unless otherwise stated.
- Meals as shown on the itinerary.
- Transfers listed, to and from airports with transport and English speaking guide,
- Reconfirmation of your flights and help at check-in at the hotels and airports
- Excursions with transport and English speaking guide.
- Guides on all services listed, who speak English
- Local Entrance Fees and permits where required.
- All Transport arrangements listed with a driver who may not speak much English (although many do)
- Driver and guide's meals, accommodation and their personal expenses.
- Contact Information, services, support and the assistance of the Veloso Tours agents and representatives.
- Contact Information for all hotels.
- Your Interests profiled and sent to our guides so that we can try to enhance your visits.
- Travellers Guide on how to prepare for your journey including money, clothing, health and more.
- Restaurant suggestions with Menu Vocabulary
Not Included in the Price
- Travel Insurance - You must travel with adequate travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry, drinks, etc.
- Tips are optional items at your discretion.
- Local airport departure taxes that cannot be included in your flight tickets are payable at each airport.
- Any other item not listed on the itinerary.
Travel Insurance is required when you travel in Latin America. You can use your own insurance but the level of cover needs to be equivalent to the cover provided in our travel insurance so that you are adequately protected for the circumstances prevailing in Latin America. When you have your own insurance you need to send us a copy of your certificate showing the level of cover and the 24-hour emergency assistance number.
We aim to provide a quality service at a price that offers our clients excellent value. We are constantly reviewing the price of our tours and services to ensure that they are competitive. We will be happy to examine in detail any alternative quotation, should you find what appears to be a lower price from any other source. Most of the time we find that apparent alternatives are not comparable "like for like" but please send a copy of any quotation you may have and we will be happy to examine it in details and send you a reply.
The above price is fully guaranteed to be valid for one calendar month from the date of this quotation (subject to availability). Thereafter, future changes in taxes, fuel surcharges, prices and exchange rates may affect the price of your holiday and we may have to recost this itinerary, although this is unlikely. However, once you have booked, we send you a confirmation itinerary and pro-forma invoice with the price fully guaranteed if you pay in full within thirty days of the date of invoice.
Paying By Instalments
We accept payments in instalments for your convenience. Should you wish to budget your payments, we can receive whatever amounts you may wish to pay, at regular intervals or whenever you decide. We will send you receipts for each payment made by cheque or card until your holiday is paid in full by the due date. Your initial deposit is non-refundable but these instalments are refundable unless they have been used, with your permission, to pay for any services on your itinerary such us flights, cruises or hotels.
No Visas Required
British passport holders do not require visas for travel in Latin America except Cuba which we arrange and an ESTA visa is required when flying via the USA which you arrange online.