Avianca is the national airline of Colombia.
- The airline was founded in 1919, under the name of SCADTA, making it the second oldest airline worldwide. It serves over 100 direct destinations in 28 countries, throughout the Americas.
- Avianca is part of AviancaTaca Holding S.A, which also includes TACA and AeroGal. The airline’s main hub is located at Bogota's El Dorado International airport and it has secondary regional hubs in Lima and San Salvador.
- In July 2014, Avianca began the operation of its new direct non-stop Bogotá-London service. Initially four times a week. The airline now operates daily flights, arriving into Bogota at 04:00, making easy to connect to their destinations in South America and Central America.
- Veloso Tours has access to special tour operator fares. This allows us to offer our clients flight-inclusive bespoke packages for the whole of their network.
Avianca's long-haul fleet routes featuring economy class seat are Airbus A330-200 and the new Boeing Dreamliner 787-800.More info
- Avianca Short and medium-haul routes operate economy cabin on the following Aircraft: Embraer 190, Airbus 318, A319, A321, and A321.
- Seat pitch between 30-31" and Seat width between 18".
- Avianca also has turboprop aircraft that operate short domestic routes only configured in economy class.
- Avianca Long haul fleet economy class include the Airbus A330-200 and Boeing Dreamliner 787-800 (this one operates the London - Bogota route) with seat pitch between 32-36 inches and Seat width between 17-19 Inches
- 9 Inches personal screen and audio video with access to over 500 songs, TV series, and movies. New in the entertainment is the seat to seat chat system.
- International flights offered complimentary meal service; breakfast, lunch y/o dinner according to the time you boarded.
- Shared movie screens and monitors in the economy cabins of the Embraer, Airbus 318 & A319. The rest of the fleet has a personal video screen and has Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) with a variety of movies and television. Regular 110V AC power and USB port.
- Seat allocation: You can allocate your seat in advance, the cost starts from £17. Ask our Veloso Tours consultant who will be happy to arrange it for you. Alternatively, you can allocate your seat free of charge 24 hr before your flight by accessing your web-check-in.
Avianca long-haul fleet with Business class cabin include Airbus 330 and Boeing Dreamliner 787-800More info
- Short haul and medium haul flights with Business class cabin include Embraer 190, Airbus 318, A319, A321 and A321, with seat pitch between 38-40" and seat width between 18-21"
- Long haul with Business class cabin includes the Airbus 330 and Boeing Dreamliner 787-800 with seat pitch between 65-72" and seat width between 21". 180 degrees recline
- Personal screen and audio video with access to over 500 songs, TV series, and movies. New in the entertainment is the seat to seat chat system.
- Regular 110V AC power outlets.
- Dedicated check-in desk at most airports and access to Avianca and Star Alliance Airport Lounges.
- The onboard dining experience in this cabin you will be offered one or two meal service, either breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on the time and length of your journey. Avianca provides a choice of meals to fit various dietary needs. Request this service at the time of your booking or at least 24 hours before your flight.
- Seat allocation free of charge
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - 20 JAN
CURRENT TRAVEL STATUS - COUNTRIES OPEN
VACCINATION PROGRESSING - Gathering pace; everyone hopes it is the end of this pandemic.
NEW HOLIDAYS - BOOK NOW - 2021 offers a window of opportunity for travel at promotional prices, before 2022, when there may be a boom in travel and late availability constraints. Whichever departure date you choose, now is the time to plan your next trip. Check our tour itineraries, download from our website, request our brochures or contact our travel agents.
BROCHURE - New Latin America brochure is out now to inspire you. View and request a copy in Brochures.