From Pirates and colonialists to modern day legends
6 Night Itinerary from £1,978
Explore Jamaica's rich and vibrant history, from the Arawaks and Maroons, to the Spanish and British. Stay in elegant Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, with its own private beach.
Select your preferred departure date
- Flying with British Airways or Virgin Atlantic non-stop to Jamaica
- Enjoy the elegance and luxury of Jamaica Inn with its private beach, superb cuisine and unique and special ambiance so hard to find these days
- Discover the history of Jamaica on our exclusive included tour to the Blue Mountains, Kingston's pirate haunts and a local Maroon village
- Visit Noel Coward's Firefly home, with stunning views of the coast and the sea
- Choose from a range of optional private tours and excursions including the fascination pirate city of Port Royal, now underwater, the fort and boat trips
- Visit the a rum distillery, the YS Falls, Bob Marley's birthplace, Reggae music and fascinating the Port Antonio
This itinerary can be tailored to your preferences by our specialist advisors, who can provide a guaranteed price based on your choice of route, duration, flights, hotels, transport and excursions.
Fly to Jamaica - 1 Night
Day 1 - Fly to Jamaica & transfer to Jamaica Inn
- Full Description
Exploring Jamaica - 5 Nights
Day 2 - At leisure
Day 3 - Noel Coward's Firefly
Day 4 - Exclusive history and culture of Jamaica tour
Day 5 - At leisure - Optional excursions
Day 6 - At leisure - Optional excursions
- Full Description
Today is for relaxing on your private beach with the understated luxury of Jamaica Inn to enjoy. You will immediately feel at home and able to let go of any stresses and strains in this calm of elegance and serenity.
Perhaps take a stroll into Ocho Rios, browse the shops and meet the friendly locals.
Noel Coward's Firefly
Today, perhaps take an optional visit to Firefly (30 minutes from Jamaica Inn), the home of Noel Coward where he painted and wrote overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Noël Coward fell in love with Jamaica in 1948 when on holiday with Ian Fleming. He initially lived on the coast which regularly visited by his friends and celebrities. He used to entertain locals and travellers in the bar at Jamaica Inn.
Noel Coward bought the simple house (for $150) on top of the hill in 1955 as a retreat. He named it Firefly, no doubt due to the many firefly’s that come alive at sunset. The house and gardens have stunning views of the coast and is full Coward’s furniture, pictures and artefacts. Noel Coward was born in Teddington, South West London and died at Firefly in 1973, where he was buried in his beloved garden.
Exclusive history and culture of Jamaica Tour
Today enjoy a full day exclusive included tour of Jamaica discovering the history of Jamaica with our expert local guide. We visit the beautiful and scenic Blue Mountains, discover the colonial history of the capital Kingston with stories of pirates and British colonial architecture. We then visit Spanish Town (the capital when Jamaica was under Spanish rule) and travel to a local village we meet local people who are descendants of the freed slaves who became known as the Maroons. We meet the villagers, share stories and understand their way of life. It is fascinating day of surprising discoveries.
There is much of authentic interest to explore in Jamaica away from the glorious beaches. Choose from pre-bookable optional private excursions including:
- a visit to Appleton Rum distillery and learn how this iconic drink is made.
- YS Falls adventure. Journey through the mountains to Jamaica’s scenic South Coast to one of Jamaica’s most beautiful and spectacular YS waterfall.
- Port Antonio is located on the northeast coast with an interesting colonial past and surrounded by tropical jungle, mountains and waterfalls. We visit the port and take a trek into the mountains and visit the Blue Lagoon, famous for its intense blue water and featured in many famous Hollywood films.
- Bob Marley Nine Miles High. For lovers of Jamaica's most famous musical export, tucked away in the beautiful hills of Saint Ann is a quaint little village called Nine Miles. This is where the legendary “King of Reggae” was born in 1945. A day to understand the life and music prom our passionate local guide.
We can arrange any other tours and excursions depending on your interests.
Relax by the pool or in the warm sea. Or take an optional guided tour.
Jamaica - Luxury Hotel
Jamaica Inn has been one of the best loved hotels in the Caribbean since the 1950s. A small, luxury all-suite hotel in friendly Ocho Rios with Jamaica’s premier private beach which has been owned by the same family for over 60 years. Past guests and visitors include Ian Fleming and Noel Coward, who used to spend evenings here, entertaining in the bar.
Lose yourself in the stillness that surrounds the hotel, with no reminders of the outside world and seemingly endless tranquillity. The hotel is stylishly decorated; the favourite feature being the huge balconies and verandahs extending from each suite - they act more like open-air living rooms and it’s easy to see why they’re the hotel’s crowning glory.
The fine cuisine is either international or Jamaican dishes, served in the restaurant, on the terrace or in your suite. The stunningly refurbished Ocean Spa nestled on the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea – indulge in a wide range of holistic treatments which make use of the finest local ingredients
The hotel has air conditioned 55 suites, cottages & Beach Bungalows of various sizes and categories, each with private balcony or verandah (more like an open air living room), ceiling fans, mini bar, hair dryer, bathrobes, complimentary FREE Wi-Fi and telephone.
So indulge yourself, in one of the world’s special luxury hotels.
Return to the UK - 0 Nights
Day 7 - Morning at leisure. Return flight home.
Day 8 - Arrive in the UK
- Full Description
Return overnight flight to the UK
Morning at leisure. Enjoy the beach and possibly a walk and lunch by the sea.
Transfer to Kingston or Montego Bay Airports for your return overnight flight to the UK.
Arrive in the UK
Arrive in the UK in the morning.
|Season||Low Season||High Season|
|Travel Dates||16 Apr - 19 Dec||20 Dec - 15 Apr|
|Multiple Travellers - Twin Room||£1,978||£2,748|
Prices are a guideline and per person. Please request a quote for Special Events, Christmas, New Year's Eve & Easter.
- 8 Days / 6 Nights
- International flights (1 overnight)
- Accommodation and meals as shown on the itinerary
- Exclusive full day history of Jamaica tour
- Transfers to and from airport
- Prices are per person
- Prices for Special Events, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Easter on request
Speak with a Specialist
Contact an Advisor
Stay in touch
Infuse your travels, with inspiration from our monthly newsletter.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE - 24 FFEB
CURRENT TRAVEL STATUS - COUNTRIES OPEN
VACCINATION PROGRESSING FAST - International travel likely to resume from May/June 21 onwards
NEW HOLIDAYS - BOOK NOW - 2021 offers a window of opportunity for travel at promotional prices, before 2022, when there may be a boom in travel and late availability constraints. Whichever departure date you choose, now is the time to plan your next trip. Check our tour itineraries, download from our website, request our brochures or contact our travel agents.
BROCHURE - New Latin America brochure is out now to inspire you. View and request a copy in Brochures.